On April 19th, Oakland County Commissioner Adam Kochenderfer spoke to the RARC. He touched on the following points:
- Upcoming County Commissioner seats will be contested.
- The current split is 14 Republicans and 7 Democrats
- This could easily be lost. There are no “shoe-in” seats
- Rochester Hills is fronting money to the County Road Commission for repairs on Livernois between Avon and Hamlin
- This enables us to fix the road in 2019, rather than the scheduled 2021 timeframe
- The Oakland Road Commission will be repaying, but won’t be paying interest in this loan
- An interim repair will be performed this year
- Adam also encouraged everyone to become active and sign up to be on the ballot as a Precinct Delegate. May 8th is your last day to file.
Please join the Rochester Area Republican Club for March Meeting on Thursday, March 30. Our featured speaker will be State Senator Marty Knollenberg. Marty is serving his first term representing Michigan’s 13th State Senate District, having been elected in 2014. The 13th District Senate seat includes the cities of Rochester and Rochester Hills. Marty was previously a State Representative (representing Troy and Clawson) from 2007 through 2012, and an Oakland County Commissioner (representing Rochester Hills, Troy and Bloomfield Township) from 2003 through 2004. His website is www.senatormartyknollenberg.
com. The meeting is at Avery’s Tavern, 2086 Crooks Road in Rochester Hills. Discussion will begin at 7:00PM, plan to come early for dinner and a beverage.